Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wanted: Crystal Ball

Well, life is funny with it's curve balls and side swipes. I wish I had a crystal ball so that I could avoid all the pitfalls....but do I really? I was listening to an old Garth Brooks song on the radio (The Dance) and was reminded that we don't know how things wind up for a reason. We have to learn from our own mistakes. The only way to grow is to fail. If you help a butterfly out if its cacoon, it will fall to the ground and likely die. The struggle to break free is what makes it strong enough to survive in the world. I guess that being like the butterfly isn't so bad. I am strong. I am independent. I now know that, while I want a partner, I don't need someone if they aren't willing to be a true and complete partner. I am a stronger person now than ever before in my life. I am still growing in so many ways at the same time. I am finding another level to teach and reach my students, a closer walk with God, and a deeper self awareness. I am better without the crystal ball. After all, like my daddy says, I would have done my own thing anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment